Things I've Learned Part One

Since the semester is almost half over, I thought I'd do a recap to bring some humor!  I don't have a week by week this time because everything blurs together, but here are the random, weird highlights.  I like to call it, "Things I've learned":

1. Met a guy on the train.  He started the conversation by asking if I purposely matched my phone to my water bottle (no) and within the two minutes he talked, he told me we live in the same apartment, he was an artist and a photographer, and he didn't think I looked old enough to be in grad school.  As the train came to my stop, he asked me for my number and shoved his phone in my hand.  I didn't know how to say "No thank you" without being rude, and I thought giving him a wrong number was deceitful, so now I cannot go down to the gym at my apartment because that's where he lives.  This is going to be a problem come winter.  I learned I have confrontational issues.  And need to work on saying no.  *Le sigh*

2. Was walking back to class with two of my classmates when a wasp literally flew into my shirt and stung me.  It surprised me so I immediately bent over, pulled my bra down and tried to swipe it out, flashing one of the friends along the way.  Let me remind you we've only known each other since July, but clearly we're a bit closer now.  I thought I got the wasp out of my bra, so we searched the hospital close by for some ice.  Twenty minutes later I go to the bathroom and pull down my shirt to look at the sting, AND THE WASP FLIES OUT.  Twenty minutes that little bugger (it actually wasn't little it was gigantic) was in my bra.  I learned you always need to MAKE SURE you got the bug out of your shirt, not just assume it flew away.

3. Two days later I get stung again, this time standing on the top of a cliff holding my friends child.  Luckily I was far away from the edge and I didn't react immediately.  I learned that wasps are evil and never let a kid eat an apple while you're holding them on very sharp rocks.

4.  Through a series of events, of which it might be better not to list, I have lost all but one of my spoons.  Considering a decent amount of foods I eat require a spoon, I have learned to carry that one treasured item with me everywhere.  Packing my backpack in the morning? Books. Laptop. Wallet. Pencils. SPOON.

5. Woke up to the fire alarm going off in my apartment at 5am.  Jumped out of bed, grabbed my jacket, and was about to rush out the door and run down the hallway pounding on peoples doors to get up when I remembered that 1. I am not the RHD and 2. The alarm was only going off in my apartment, not the whole building.

6.  Bought a pajama dress.  Wore it to bed, woke up, put leggings on underneath, went to school looking like I had actually put work into my outfit.  Came home, took of my leggings, crawled into bed.  Learned that this was the best purchase I've ever made.

7. I learned that spending longer time than you're willing to admit asking Siri questions to avoid studying is not a great idea.  Eating peanut butter when it makes you sick to avoid studying is also not a good idea.  Buying a SECOND onesie because it has a butt flap that you find hilarious to avoid studying is not a good idea.  Drinking 24oz of caffeine to try and catch up on all the studying you avoided earlier is not a good idea, especially when you don't drink caffeine.  Debating about applying for a barista position at your local coffee shop when you barely have time to shower is not a good idea.  I also learned to always shave before clinical assessment lab, because you are no longer at Northland and you already wear pjs to class so you probably shouldn't push it.

Hope you enjoyed reading some of the silly lessons I have learned and the random things that have happened.  Now go appreciate your spoons and buy a onesie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conversations from a graveyard

A Passion Like Paul

Deprecation