I am so in love
I can't even begin to describe it.
Have you ever felt so in love, that you can't help but smile? It's a warmth that starts in your chest and flows through your body. It's like having the sun in your heart; you're unable to contain the light, so it flows, emanating out of your body, uncontainable.
I am so in love.
I can't imagine the kind of love God has for me, if I feel this wonderful love for Him. How much greater is His love. I so wish we could all see ourselves, see each other, see the world through His eyes. How different our understanding of reality would be. How much more beautiful our lives would be. How much more light we would emanate.
I was driving to southern Wisconsin this weekend, thinking about life, about myself, things I wish were different, things I need to work on, and right before I entered Appleton I saw the highway lined with lavender. Not just a patch, but FILLED the roads. Lavender highlighted the road I drove on, and I couldn't help but feel a strong tug on my heart. Lavender has held significance for me, and to see that for the first time growing unexpectedly around me, I felt the love. Ben had used the phrase "God flirts with us" and I think that description is perfect.
God was flirting with me.
He was romancing me.
Our God loves to bless us, loves to see us smile, loves to fill us with His love. For so many of you I've spoken with, and those of you who I haven't but I sense this in you, I know you all are looking for love. That's what we humans do.
We search for love. We desire love most of all. We want to love. We want to be loved.
Sometimes we search for the perfect person to give us that. To give us perfect love. To love us despite our imperfections, to be there for us, to guide us, to help us, to make us happy. I don't believe that's possible. I don't believe any human alone will ever make you happy. Your boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, partner, none of that will make you fully happy. You may disagree, but ask yourself, are you truly happy? Are you genuinely loving the person you are with? How long do you think it will last?
I tend to be a pessimist in terms of these things, as in I don't believe everything lasts. And yet, I have full faith that things will last. Does that make sense? Probably not, it's a contradiction. What I mean, is that I think it is necessary to guard your heart when dating. I think it's important to be aware things might not work out, and to protect your heart from breaking beyond repair. Now this is not always possible, but I think it can save you a lot of pain. On the other hand, when I see people break up, or marriages not work out, it hurts me. Even if I don't know the couple very well, I feel such pain for them. I had SO thought it would work, that they would have kept each other strong, that SOMETHING would have held them together. And I always hope that one day they will find each other again and rekindle their love.
I've thought about this a lot. I think about marriage often, about relationships often, and it scares me. I know friends and family that have gotten married, and I am so happy for them, but it scares me at the thought of being so vulnerable and honest with someone. To give someone your all, what if after so long, they don't want you anymore? What if they reject you? What if they leave you?
And then I think of the one I love. I think of God. I think of how He will never leave us. How great is our God? Seriously. How beautiful is that love, that He lay down His LIFE for us.
Out.
Of.
Love.
I do believe in relationships that work. I do believe in forever lasting marriages. I do believe in love. When I think of two people married, I think of them becoming one. Literally, I picture two people drawing close together and forming into one being. They are held together by glue. A glue of God. He is at their center, holding them together. Their stories, experiences, hardships, romances, everything they share surround them as a unit, protecting them like a shield. And once again, God is holding them together as glue. When the glue starts to dry and crack, they both have to put more in their life. They both have to look toward God, seek His love, His truth, and emanate it to stay together. They are held together by the grace of God's glue.
So in your relationships, both romantic and platonic, don't let them go dry. Take time to appreciate them. Show those people you love them. Spend time with them, talk with them, call them, hold them, love them. If you are not moving forward, you are moving backward. Don't let your distractions get in the way. Don't think that they will be there forever if you don't work on these relationships. No one is obligated to stay with you. Everyone you know is around you by choice. So show them how much love you have to give. Emanate your light to them, and they will emanate to the world. Don't let your distractions get between you and God. He has given you this love. Don't let it go dry.
Read your bible.
Pray to Him.
Give thanks.
Smile.
You may not be close with God, frankly you may not believe in Him at all. I want you to feel this love that I feel. I want you to understand of this great glory. I want you to know Him. I can't hold in this love, so I must share it with you.
You can't hold in the sun.
You can't hold in the Son.
I am so in love with Him. This love is for you too.
Have you ever felt so in love, that you can't help but smile? It's a warmth that starts in your chest and flows through your body. It's like having the sun in your heart; you're unable to contain the light, so it flows, emanating out of your body, uncontainable.
I am so in love.
I can't imagine the kind of love God has for me, if I feel this wonderful love for Him. How much greater is His love. I so wish we could all see ourselves, see each other, see the world through His eyes. How different our understanding of reality would be. How much more beautiful our lives would be. How much more light we would emanate.
I was driving to southern Wisconsin this weekend, thinking about life, about myself, things I wish were different, things I need to work on, and right before I entered Appleton I saw the highway lined with lavender. Not just a patch, but FILLED the roads. Lavender highlighted the road I drove on, and I couldn't help but feel a strong tug on my heart. Lavender has held significance for me, and to see that for the first time growing unexpectedly around me, I felt the love. Ben had used the phrase "God flirts with us" and I think that description is perfect.
God was flirting with me.
He was romancing me.
Our God loves to bless us, loves to see us smile, loves to fill us with His love. For so many of you I've spoken with, and those of you who I haven't but I sense this in you, I know you all are looking for love. That's what we humans do.
We search for love. We desire love most of all. We want to love. We want to be loved.
Sometimes we search for the perfect person to give us that. To give us perfect love. To love us despite our imperfections, to be there for us, to guide us, to help us, to make us happy. I don't believe that's possible. I don't believe any human alone will ever make you happy. Your boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, partner, none of that will make you fully happy. You may disagree, but ask yourself, are you truly happy? Are you genuinely loving the person you are with? How long do you think it will last?
I tend to be a pessimist in terms of these things, as in I don't believe everything lasts. And yet, I have full faith that things will last. Does that make sense? Probably not, it's a contradiction. What I mean, is that I think it is necessary to guard your heart when dating. I think it's important to be aware things might not work out, and to protect your heart from breaking beyond repair. Now this is not always possible, but I think it can save you a lot of pain. On the other hand, when I see people break up, or marriages not work out, it hurts me. Even if I don't know the couple very well, I feel such pain for them. I had SO thought it would work, that they would have kept each other strong, that SOMETHING would have held them together. And I always hope that one day they will find each other again and rekindle their love.
I've thought about this a lot. I think about marriage often, about relationships often, and it scares me. I know friends and family that have gotten married, and I am so happy for them, but it scares me at the thought of being so vulnerable and honest with someone. To give someone your all, what if after so long, they don't want you anymore? What if they reject you? What if they leave you?
And then I think of the one I love. I think of God. I think of how He will never leave us. How great is our God? Seriously. How beautiful is that love, that He lay down His LIFE for us.
Out.
Of.
Love.
I do believe in relationships that work. I do believe in forever lasting marriages. I do believe in love. When I think of two people married, I think of them becoming one. Literally, I picture two people drawing close together and forming into one being. They are held together by glue. A glue of God. He is at their center, holding them together. Their stories, experiences, hardships, romances, everything they share surround them as a unit, protecting them like a shield. And once again, God is holding them together as glue. When the glue starts to dry and crack, they both have to put more in their life. They both have to look toward God, seek His love, His truth, and emanate it to stay together. They are held together by the grace of God's glue.
So in your relationships, both romantic and platonic, don't let them go dry. Take time to appreciate them. Show those people you love them. Spend time with them, talk with them, call them, hold them, love them. If you are not moving forward, you are moving backward. Don't let your distractions get in the way. Don't think that they will be there forever if you don't work on these relationships. No one is obligated to stay with you. Everyone you know is around you by choice. So show them how much love you have to give. Emanate your light to them, and they will emanate to the world. Don't let your distractions get between you and God. He has given you this love. Don't let it go dry.
Read your bible.
Pray to Him.
Give thanks.
Smile.
You may not be close with God, frankly you may not believe in Him at all. I want you to feel this love that I feel. I want you to understand of this great glory. I want you to know Him. I can't hold in this love, so I must share it with you.
You can't hold in the sun.
You can't hold in the Son.
I am so in love with Him. This love is for you too.
Comments
Post a Comment