It's all a state of mind
Save your breath.
Let peace fill your chest.
We all feel the failure.
Delusion and distress.
There's power in the fear, weakness in the sun.
The silence of the world can be so haunting to your thoughts and to your soul, to your soul.
But it's all a state of mind.
Play your version
Imperfect song for me.
The voice that you given
Can't be broken as far as I can see.
There's power in the fear, weakness in the sun.
The secrets of the world can be so daunting to your thoughts and to your soul, to your soul.
But it's all a state of mind.
We all have the chance to write our story, and how we write it is based on the choices we make. I've been doing a lot of self understanding lately, and this weekend came upon a surprising discovery. I realized I've been pushing God's goodness away, believing that I cannot truly be worthy of love unless I fix all my brokenness, until I change myself first. Through that false understanding of God, I projected that same theory to people in my own life. I discovered I was purposely punishing myself because I was comfortable in my pain, because if I caused the pain, then no one else could hurt me. In my self infliction, I was untouchable.
It wasn't until this weekend when a friend showed me a kind of love I didn't think I'd ever find; it woke me up to a wondrous discovery.
I could be loved at this point in my life. In this presence, I was worthy.
God works in mysterious ways, no?
You see, as I was being lifted and given smiles, I was learning that the burden I was carrying was not needed. I was given permission to hand it over, I was being set free from a weight I thought I had to hold onto. This punishment I thought I deserved was all a state of mind. Satan is far more cunning than we realize, but the Lord is far more loving than anything.
Sometimes I forget that the Lord is cheering for us, until I am reminded that "The Lord is for me, so I will have no fear." [Psalm 118:6]. Do you realize this? He is FOR YOU!
I read this awhile back and it stuck with me: when you don't want to go to church, that's when you need it more than ever. I haven't been going for quite awhile, and to be honest it's because I feel like I need to fix myself before I can be part of something greater. I feel so incredibly unworthy that I have no right to step through those doors. That my idolatry, the weeds of my heart, have made me feel as if I cannot come to the true Gardener.
The silence of the world can be so haunting to your thoughts and to your soul.
I have forgotten that the sin that Adam, the first gardener, brought into this world have been forgiven by Jesus, the true Gardener that came to redeem.
Without a proper view of God, I could not love who I was. God is with us to help us through our trials, but we have to stand up, take courage, and fight for ourselves.
With a proper understanding of God, we are able to realize that He is FOR us. That in Christ we are made worthy. That when we are picked up, twirled around, and poured with love, we can be light and free. We can finally give ourselves the permission to fly.
It's all a state of mind.
Let peace fill your chest.
We all feel the failure.
Delusion and distress.
There's power in the fear, weakness in the sun.
The silence of the world can be so haunting to your thoughts and to your soul, to your soul.
But it's all a state of mind.
Play your version
Imperfect song for me.
The voice that you given
Can't be broken as far as I can see.
There's power in the fear, weakness in the sun.
The secrets of the world can be so daunting to your thoughts and to your soul, to your soul.
But it's all a state of mind.
We all have the chance to write our story, and how we write it is based on the choices we make. I've been doing a lot of self understanding lately, and this weekend came upon a surprising discovery. I realized I've been pushing God's goodness away, believing that I cannot truly be worthy of love unless I fix all my brokenness, until I change myself first. Through that false understanding of God, I projected that same theory to people in my own life. I discovered I was purposely punishing myself because I was comfortable in my pain, because if I caused the pain, then no one else could hurt me. In my self infliction, I was untouchable.
It wasn't until this weekend when a friend showed me a kind of love I didn't think I'd ever find; it woke me up to a wondrous discovery.
I could be loved at this point in my life. In this presence, I was worthy.
God works in mysterious ways, no?
You see, as I was being lifted and given smiles, I was learning that the burden I was carrying was not needed. I was given permission to hand it over, I was being set free from a weight I thought I had to hold onto. This punishment I thought I deserved was all a state of mind. Satan is far more cunning than we realize, but the Lord is far more loving than anything.
Sometimes I forget that the Lord is cheering for us, until I am reminded that "The Lord is for me, so I will have no fear." [Psalm 118:6]. Do you realize this? He is FOR YOU!
I read this awhile back and it stuck with me: when you don't want to go to church, that's when you need it more than ever. I haven't been going for quite awhile, and to be honest it's because I feel like I need to fix myself before I can be part of something greater. I feel so incredibly unworthy that I have no right to step through those doors. That my idolatry, the weeds of my heart, have made me feel as if I cannot come to the true Gardener.
The silence of the world can be so haunting to your thoughts and to your soul.
I have forgotten that the sin that Adam, the first gardener, brought into this world have been forgiven by Jesus, the true Gardener that came to redeem.
Without a proper view of God, I could not love who I was. God is with us to help us through our trials, but we have to stand up, take courage, and fight for ourselves.
With a proper understanding of God, we are able to realize that He is FOR us. That in Christ we are made worthy. That when we are picked up, twirled around, and poured with love, we can be light and free. We can finally give ourselves the permission to fly.
It's all a state of mind.
Comments
Post a Comment